One of the amazing stage photos I got! thanks to Foxy for the photo![link][link][link]
This is the costume I represented Romania with at Eurocosplay 2012 in London (the 27th of October) at MCM Expo.
It took me around 6 weeks to make, but working around 8-10 hours per day everyday. The planning and the research for it took a long time, though, starting January 2012 and changed many choices of material while doing so. In the end, the "skin" - black part - was made out of latex and the rest - legs, armor parts, head - were made out of flexible urethane foam. Everything is sculpted (I had around 25 sculpts), molded in either plaster or silicone. Everything is painted with acrylics mixed with latex, to make sure the paint doesn't crack on the flexible surfaces.
The sword is made of yoga mats and it has a light aluminium pipe in it, to keep it sturdy. It is also painted with acrylic paints mixed with latex.
The attaching systems consist generally of strong magnets and velcro.
I also have a voice modulator. the microphone and the board are inside the head - the board in the back of the head and the microphone extended next to my mouth - and a speaker inside the chest piece. It helps me communicate with the people and it also makes my voice deeper, like a man's and a bit scarier
If you have any other questions about the techniques I used, comment here, write me a note or check out my Facebook page, where I have posted a lot of WIP photos with more explanations: [link]